Darrell Coleman, DynCorp International vice president of trade compliance, was a featured speaker at the 11th Global Anti-Corruption Compliance Conference held September 10-12, 2013, at the Marriott Union Square in San Francisco, Calif.
Coleman presented “Updating Employee Training Programs and Maximizing Resources for Improved Compliance Procedures,” where he discussed:
- Educating employees through live and online training courses on ways various global customs and cultures can increase the risk of violations
- Distinguishing appropriate training methods and implementing distinct procedures for high risk employees, third parties and vendors
- Tackling limited budgets and maximizing available resources when designing training programs in remote areas
- Promoting compliance comprehension through anti-corruption certification programs and continued education classes
11th Annual Global Anti-Corruption Compliance Conference
The event, themed “Strengthening Internal Operation and Mitigating Risks for Ensuring Compliance with the FCPA, UK Bribery Act and other Emerging Anti-Corruption Regulations,” focused on informing attendees about the latest updates to regulations and policies.
Key topics included:
- Implementing the latest techniques, tools and strategies for maintaining an effective global anti-corruption program
- Leveraging internal controls for tackling challenges with travel, gifts and entertainment practices
- Overcoming whistleblower risks and improving employee confidence in your organization
- Strengthening practices and identifying tools for conducting effective due-diligence with third-parties
- Uncovering effective data analytics strategies for strengthening internal investigations
Attendees also benefitted from peer-to-peer presentations, workshops, interactive panel discussions and case studies.