Darrell Coleman, DynCorp International vice president of trade compliance, was a featured speaker at the 3rd Annual Advanced International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) Compliance Conference held February 12-13, 2013, at the Westin Alexandria in Alexandria, Va.
Coleman spoke on a panel with representatives from the U.S. Department of State and U.S. Department of Commerce where they discussed “Managing the Transition from ITAR to the Export Administration Regulation (EAR) and Reviewing Current Developments with the Export Control Reform Initiative (ECR).” Coleman shared his insights on impacts of the reform and how industry peers can prepare for changes from the reform.
Coleman also participated on another panel called “Making Export Compliance a Routine Part of your Business,” where he discussed the importance of identifying areas that can be improved in business processes, creating tools to help employees understand the regulations and developing training programs for internal audiences.
Advanced International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) Compliance conference
The event, themed “Aligning Internal ITAR Compliance Processes to Meet Evolving Regulations for Improved Operational Efficiency,” focused on informing attendees about the latest updates to regulations and policies.
Key topics included:
- Managing the transition for ITAR to Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and review current developments with the Export Control Reform Initiative
- Reviewing violations and disclosures to strengthen internal processes and procedures
- Monitoring current sanctions to maintain export compliance and avoid potential risks
- Establishing a framework for secure technology transfer
- Exploring requirements for scope and procedures of an effective audit
Attendees also benefitted from peer-to-peer presentations, workshops, interactive panel discussions and case studies.