DynCorp International (DI) worked with a variety of organizations throughout 2012 to help provide support to those in need.
2012 Holiday Support
- In Fort Worth, Texas, DI team members participated in a holiday food drive to support the Tarrant Area Food Bank, which provides food to more than300 charities around Tarrant County. DI also participated in the USO-Metro Holiday Meals Program and supported the USO-Metro Comfort and Care Bags program by donating iPod Touch devices to wounded warriors.
- Around Thanksgiving, DI participated in the United Service Organization of Metropolitan Washington (USO-Metro) Turkey for Troops program as a corporate sponsor and by helping pack food boxes for local military families.
- Through the Food for Others Thanksgiving Food Drive, DI donated nearly 500 pounds of food to benefit families in Northern Virginia.
Support through Volunteering and Sponsorships
- January – DI team members participated in the Fort Worth Winter Blood Drive.
- February – DI team members volunteered their time and personal aircraft for an Angel Flight Mission to transport a veteran undergoing blind rehabilitation training.
- March – DI donated $5,000 to the Military Child Education Coalition, which helps create quality education for children of mobile military families. DI was also a sponsor of the 2012 Bike for the Blue event, a Washington, D.C.-Metro area bike ride in support of law enforcement officers killed in the line of duty.
- April – DI donated $100,000 to TAPS during its annual fundraiser in April, to support military and contractor families who have lost a loved one, in addition to the more than $30,000 raised through the first year of the Red Shirt Friday program. DI team members also raised nearly $11,000 to support the DI team “Heart and Sole,” in the 2012 Greater Forth Worth Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure. In addition, DI donated $15,000 to the Honoring America’s Wounded Warriors fundraiser for Disabled Sports USA, benefiting service members wounded in Iraq and Afghanistan.
- May – DI sponsored the 2012 Taste of the South to raise money for Camp COPE, which helps military children with the challenges of parental deployment.
- July – More than 90 DI team members signed up to participate in the Fort Worth Summer Blood Drive to support residents of Northern Texas.
- August – DI sponsored USO’s Operation Back-to-School program by donating supplies and volunteering time to stuff backpacks full of school supplies for more than 4000 local military children.
- September – DI team members in Pristina, Kosovo, volunteered their time to help with upkeep of the Kosovo Women and Children’s Wellness Center, through assessments and equipment maintenance.
- October – DI team members came together to participate in the 2012 Greater Washington Heart Walk to hosted by the American Heart Association. October is also Breast Cancer Awareness Month and DI participated in the Blue Jeans for Breast Cancer fundraiser to benefit the Susan G. Komen for the Cure Foundation.