DynCorp International’s DynAviation team in the Middle East recently hosted former U.S. ambassador to Saudi Arabia, Jim Smith. Smith spent time with DI team members, learning about DynCorp Interntional aviation operations and business strategy in the Middle East. He also shared his insight on the importance of Saudi Arabia to U.S. interests in the region and information on business trends in the Middle East.
“Ambassador Smith’s insights are important to us, and will help focus our efforts on growing our business in Saudi Arabia,” said Craig Keeling, DynCorp International vice president, Middle East programs.
DynAviation in the Middle East
DynCorp International’s DynAviation Group provides full-spectrum aerospace, aviation and air operations solutions throughout the Middle East region. Key programs include:
- Royal Saudi Land Forces Aviation Command – Maintenance Support Services – DI provides maintenance support services for the Royal Saudi helicopter fleet which includes Apache, Blackhawk, and combat scout aircraft. DI also provides support services and personnel to augment, train, and advise Royal Saudi Land Forces Aviation Command personnel.
- Royal Saudi Air Force Air Warning and Control System Technical Support Program – DI provides qualified staffing to provide technical support services including aircraft, vehicle, and equipment maintenance, life support, supply, flight and maintenance training, and various support and administrative functions, in support of the customer’s Airborne Warning and Control System aircraft and mission.
- Royal Saudi Air Force – Helicopter Technical Support Program – DI provides helicopter technical support personnel to the Royal Saudi Air Force in Riyadh and Taif in Saudi Arabia, and in Bahrain.
- Kuwait Apache Maintenance Augmentation Team – DI provides a maintenance augmentation team (MAT) to support the Kuwait Air Force’s Apache AH-64D aircraft fleet. DI’s MAT provides flight-test support, organizational and intermediate-level maintenance, quality-assurance support, engineering change modifications, aircraft reassembly, ground-support equipment operation and maintenance, program support, and sustainment of shop operations and procedures.
- Precision Measurement Equipment Laboratory – Kuwait – DI sets and maintains the accuracy of equipment in the Kuwait Air Force Precision Measurement Equipment Laboratory at several air bases in Kuwait. Team members provide management and supervision, quality assurance, production control, calibration/precision measurement, operations, repair, and maintenance.
- Oman F-16 Support – DI supports the Royal Air Force of Oman by maintaining F-16 aircraft at Thumrait Air Base in Oman.