DynCorp International was named a finalist in the Greater Tarrant Business Ethics Awards at an award ceremony held September 4, 2014. The award honors companies that demonstrate a firm commitment to ethical business practices in everyday operations, management philosophies, and responses to crises or challenges.
The award is presented by the Society of Financial Service Professionals, the Neeley School of Business at Texas Christian University and the Financial Planning Association in Tarrant County, Texas. As a finalist, DI was among a group of companies that demonstrated a commitment to high ethical standards and corporate responsibility by the way in which they deal with their customers, their employees, their suppliers and the public at large.
DynCorp International’s Commitment to Ethical Business Conduct
DI is committed to conducting business honestly, ethically and in accordance with best practices and the applicable laws of the U.S. and other countries in which they operate. DI’s team members all over the world are guided at all times by the highest standards of integrity, whether dealing with customers, co-workers or others.
DI’s Business Ethics & Compliance Program is designed to foster a free and open atmosphere that allows and encourages employees to make inquiries, raise questions, express work-related concerns or report business ethics violations or violations of law, regulations, policies or procedures, without fear of retaliation. The program consists of a robust Code of Ethics and Business Conduct, which connects behaviors to business practices. It is a handbook for doing the right thing and is an essential tool to help our employees make the right decisions. Every action and decision at DI is based upon the company values that are at the core of the DI Star:
- We Serve – willingly in all locations and conditions.
- We Care – for the safety, security, development, and well-being of our employees.
- We Empower – our employees to succeed in a culture based on trust, respect, loyalty, and commitment.
- We Perform – with a relentless commitment to exceeding expectations.
- We Do the Right Thing – always, for our customers, employees, and those we serve.
DI’s Code of Ethics and Business Conduct translates these values into action, every day, for everything team members do. DI personnel are trained on a broad range of topics to provide them with the knowledge needed to not only be compliant, but to ensure that they understand their personal responsibility to meet DI’s high business ethics standards.
Ethics Tools of the Trade
DI’s Ethics and Compliance team provides employees with several tools to help communicate the importance of conducting business in the most ethical way possible. Some of those tools include:
- The DI Pocket Guide – An employee pocket guide that serves as a quick reference on DI’s core values and other important company information.
- The DI Star – The elements of the DI Star reflect how DI hires, promotes, evaluates, recognizes and rewards employees.
- The DI Social Contract – A commitment DI team members make to each other that sets expectations for behavior
- Ethics & Compliance Newsletter – Monthly newsletters with tips, topics, and scenarios to raise awareness
- Ethics In Action Video Series – Bimonthly video series communicating important topics
- Leaders Pocket Guides – Information and guidance directed towards leaders in shaping our culture
- Supplier Code of Ethics – Guidelines for DI’s supplier community as a reminder of company standards
- Ethics in Action Award – Award given to employees on a regular basis for strong ethical actions/contributions
- CEO Shared Futures on Code of Ethics – CEO messages specifically geared towards ethics training