DynCorp International is featured in the 2012 Washington Post Top 200, a list of the Washington, D.C. area’s top companies, law firms, non-profits and other organizations. DynCorp International is listed as number seven for top private companies.
DynCorp International in 2012
To adjust to changes in the industry, DI reorganized into five strategic business groups in 2012, aiding in successes over the year. Key contract wins in 2012 included:
- In April, DI was awarded a contract with the U.S. Air Force to provide support services for Department of Defense and contractor personnel in Egypt.
- DI was also awarded a contract with the U.S. Army in April to continue providing a Maintenance Augmentation Team (MAT) for the Kuwait Air Force (KAF) AH-64D Apache helicopter maintenance program, a program DI has held since 2008.
- At the end of April, DI won a contract with NASA to provide aircraft maintenance and operational support services at Ellington Field at NASA’s Johnson Space Center in Houston; NASA’s Langley Research Center in Hampton, Va.; NASA facilities in El Paso, Texas, and Edwards Air Force Base, Calif.; and other locations worldwide as required.
- In September, DI team members provided aircraft maintenance support to NASA’s Shuttle Carrier Aircraft (SCA) for space shuttle Endeavour’s final flight.
- DI was chosen by the U.S. Air Force (USAF) to continue providing aircraft maintenance support at Robins Air Force Base (AFB) in Georgia through a task order under the Contract Field Teams (CFT) contract.
- The DI team at Robins was later awarded the Department of Defense’s 2012 Robert T. Mason Depot Maintenance Excellence Award.
- Naval Facilities Engineering Command-Pacific awarded DynCorp International a contract to provide operations support services within the designated Joint Operation Area and Manila, Republic of the Philippines.
- DI was awarded a contract with the U.S. Air Force Materiel Command to provide support services for T-6A and T-6B aircraft at several Air Force and Navy locations throughout the U.S.
- In July, the U.S. Army Special Operations Aviation Command (USASOAC) awarded DI a task order under the Contract Field Teams (CFT) contract to provide aviation support to the 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment – Airborne (SOAR-A) at Fort Campbell, Ky.
- In September, DI was awarded a contract with the U.S. Air Force Air Education and Training Command (AETC) to provide jet engine maintenance for J-85 aircraft at Laughlin Air Force Base (AFB), Texas, in support of the Engine Regional Repair Center (ERRC).
Washington Post Top 200
The Post 200 begins with the largest public companies with headquarters in Washington, D.C. and its suburbs. Private companies, non-profit groups, law firms, lobbying organizations, sports teams, hospitals, universities, foreign companies and other organizations that reported at least $150 million in 2011 revenue were included.
Private companies provided their own financial information, and the figures were checked when possible against other public sources and compared with those of companies of similar size in the same industry. Each list was created using its own methodology with most public and private companies ranked by revenue.